Victorian Greenhouse Alliances
The CVGA is part of a broader network of Local Government Alliances operating in Victoria representing 79 of the state’s Councils.
The Greenhouse Alliances are formal partnerships of varying numbers of councils (and other organisations) driving climate change action across Victoria's municipalities. The Alliances work across their networks, communities and partners to deliver regional mitigation and adaptation programs. This includes the implementation of joint initiatives that provide economies of scale and enable projects typically beyond the reach of individual councils. Our project work is complemented by targeted advocacy, capacity building activities and regional partnerships. The alliances include:
- Barwon South West Climate Alliance
- Eastern Alliance for Greenhouse Action
- Goulburn Murray Climate Alliance (formerly Goulburn Broken Greenhouse Alliance)
- Northern Alliance for Greenhouse Action
- South East Councils Climate Change Alliance
- Western Alliance for Greenhouse Action
- Wimmera Mallee Sustainability Alliance
- Gippsland Alliance for Climate Action
Alliance Executive Officers meet bimonthly to share information and resources and contribute to expanded regional action on climate change.